- Soak the American and Egyptian rice in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Add enough water to cover both chickens in a medium stock pot and bring to a boil.
Add the chickens, whole pepper corns, cardamom pods, onion and cover the pot. Cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chickens from the water (do not discard the water), and place them on a baking dish. Brush with ghee and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken in the oven on 180°C for 10 minutes (until the chicken in golden brown).
Remove the onion from the water pot and discard it. Strain the soaked rice and add it to the pot.
Cover the pot and cook the rice on medium-high heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan (add water if necessary, the rice should be like a thick soup).
Add to the rice the milk, cream, KRAFT cheddar cheese, butter and salt. Mix. Uncover, and let it cook for another 10 minutes. (stirring occasionally)
Serve the rice in a large dish and place the chicken pieces on top.
- KRAFT Cheddar Cheese 400 g (2 big cans)
- Chicken (cut in half, lengthwise) 2 whole
- Whole pepper corn 10 pcs
- Cardamom pods 5 pcs
- Onion (peeled, whole) 1 pc
- American rice 340 g (1 cup), Egyptian rice 340 g (1 cup)
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Milk 330 ml (1 ½ cup)
- Cream 110 ml (½ cup)
- Butter 100 g
- Salt & Pepper (as required)